Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hallmark Holiday...

Yes, I do participate in this Holiday, but I do feel like it is a "Hallmark" Holiday. However, being in a relationship, it can be sort of fun to celebrate this kooky holiday. This year, I did what I always do for most "gift giving holidays," I tried to "get" my husband. In other words, I always try to surprise him with something or in some way that he does not suspect. Usually I am not very successful. 1-because I get excited about gifts and want to give them early, or give hints. 2-becaue his intuition is really good and he usually figures it out. 3-because I suck at surprises. But I think I succeeded this year. And so did he. Ok, so on Tuesday, the day before Valentines Day, on my way home from work I stopped at the Neighborhood Market to get a card and a bag of candy for BJ. Truly, this was my only intention of gift giving for him. But while I was there I saw one of those "candy bouquets." I toyed with the idea of ordering one for him to have delivered at school, where he works. However, I am a thrifty girl and those things are INSANELY EXPENSIVE. So I tabled that idea pretty soon after I had it. Ok, back to Wal-Mart. I'm there picking out a card and I see this woman walk past me with one of those "candy bouquets." So I followed her and tried to figure out where it came from. So I went back to the Valentines Stuff and found ONE LEFT...in the very back of the shelf...for $14.95. I grabbed it up and headed for the checkout! Then I grabbed a bag of his favorite candy. That night I gave him the card and the bag of candy...so he would think I was done. The next morning I stopped at Dollar Tree and got 4 balloons at $1 a piece and tied them to the candy bouquet and delivered them to the office at school. I put a sticky note on the bouquet that said "To: Mr. Foshe." Hoping he would not suspect me. He did, he called and I played dumb and I had him going sooooo good, he really doubted that I sent them, but then I lost it and died laughing. But, it still counts, I got him! He was surprised AND I fooled him! He surprised me too....with a REALLY thoughtful gift. Wives, you know, these are few and far between. Most of the time, I give REALLY obvious hints, or I just tell him what he bought me...lol This time, he came home with a Kelly Pickler CD for me for V-Day. I have never said I wanted this CD. I have however, mentioned how much I like Kelly Pickler. Therein lies the thoughtfulness! Anyway, I was impressed and grateful. He also threw in a card and a bag of my fav candy! Enjoy the corny pictures :-)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sunshine.. I really enjoy reading your posts on occasions.. definitely like seeing all of the photos!! Love to ya!!!!