Saturday, February 04, 2012

New York City!!

I got to cross something off my bucket list last month: Visit New York City!

I was extremely blessed to be able to travel there for a work related conference with my collegues.  It was a super fun time and I got to see a lot of NYC!

Here's a "few" pictures I took while I was there!

These first few I took from the plane as we were coming into NYC--the clouds were so big and fluffy!










& then we got to our hotel and then we hit the streets!!


















The Times Square Toys R Us had a ferris wheel inside it!! Pretty stinkin' cool!!!





One of my most favorite parts of this trip (and the only thing I really wanted to see while we were there ) was the 9/11 Memorial.  Seriously, very moving experience to be there on the grounds. 









The massiveness of the monuments make them difficult to do them justice in a photograph--however, they were spectacular.  I believe the size of them really conveys the size of the event.  The fountains were beautiful and the names etched into the sides were a stark reminder of all the lives lost that day.  I found myself overcome with emotion as I stood on the grounds.








Views from my hotel room :)




We made it to the M&M store on Times Square and it was pretty fantastic!!!











It snowed our last morning there!!


(the following pics are from the iphone so they're not exactly in order)

As part of the conference we toured a Homeless facility in the Bronx and on our way there we passed by Grand Central Terminal :)



It was really cold in NY, so I had to buy this cute ear warmer thing from a gift shop :)


We ate delicious NY pizza!!! YUM


We saw RENT!!!




I got into trouble for taking this picture, ha!!



I had a great time in NYC!! But I'm a country girl at heart and love my home here in Arkansas!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I want to go to NYC so bad!!

Christy said...

I really enjoyed looking at your pictures!