Monday, August 11, 2008

The Name...

So we've narrowed down the name. In case you haven't seen it, I put a poll up of the two names we've got it down to.

Here's why I like each name...

1. Hayden Cooper.

I like Hayden because it's not that common. It's not trendy and yet it is still cute. I like that it starts with an "H" for some reason. I don't like that it doesn't shorten well, but that is a small drawback. I like it paired with Cooper, because I love Cooper but I feel like it might be a "young" name...like when he's a grown man he might prefer Hayden over Cooper. I don't know though. What draws me to Hayden the most is that it is not that popular and not over-used right now. I don't love that neither name is familial or has any other meaning other than we like them.

2. Cooper Jack.

I've loved this one from the begining. I LOVE Cooper and I love the way Cooper Jack rolls off the tongue. I like that you can shorten Cooper to "Coop." I like that Jack is after someone in the family (BJ's dad). I don't like that Cooper is SUPER trendy and popular right now. I don't want there to be a couple Cooper's in his classes every year. I was one of several "Brandys" so I always had to go by my first name and last inital....not so fun.

Both Cooper and Hayden go with Jordan well...and I think that either one are great names. I was dead set on Cooper Jack for a long time until we started trying out Hayden...then I got really attached to Hayden. So now I just don't know what to do. UGH!

At this point I'm leaning more towards Hayden Cooper...I just think it's the best of both worlds, I get my Cooper, but I get an uncommon cute name too!

The votes so far suggest you disagree with me...so I'd like to hear why you like one over the other!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Both names are really cute.. what a hard decision. I have had a Cooper in class, but never a Hayden, if that helps! : )

Anonymous said...

I like both names, but I voted on Cooper Jack. I have a friend that just had a little boy last month and she named him Hayden. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

I really like both Hayden and Cooper but Cooper Jack reminds both Scott and I of a name for a cheese! heeheee, no offense :)
I'll love him either way!

Mandy said...

I love them both! Cooper has always been on my list and Jack is Tayson's middle name. However, we have a friend with a little boy named Hayden and I love that name too!! I think either one will be great!

The Hickmans said...

Girl, I can't choose- they are both so darn cute!