Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I hate court...

So it's 9:00pm and I have been home for approximately 15 minutes. I have been at court since 9:00am this morning. I had a brief 1 hour break around lunch time. I had two cases today, a 9:30 that wasn't heard until 11:30 and a 2:00 that wasn't heard until 8:10pm. Yes, I said 8:10pm. As if that wasn't bad enough, the case that wasn't heard until 8:10pm is the WORST case I have ever had. I've already been to court on it 4 times. The last time was last Friday night and I was there until 8:45pm. OH, and to add injury to insult, it's not over, there will be at least one more hearing that I will have to be present and testify at and there is a strong possibility that there will be more. I hate testifying, it's the most nerve racking thing. I do a good job, but still after two years I get nervous. Court can be fun when it's brief and you don't have a million other things you could be doing instead of sitting around waiting on your case to be heard. It's not totally horrible, I do get to sit in the court room and hear other cases, but after 5 or 6 hours of this and a pounding headache, I'm ready to go. In short, I hate court.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Gosh... they sound as disfunctional and unorganized as the State's Education Dept. Sorry, girl! (as a side note- I would hate to go up against you. I KNOW you are great up there!)