Saturday, January 20, 2007

3am Ramblings....

So It's 3:24am and Jordan was up with a cold. She's very congested and having a hard time sleeping....although she's been asleep since 8:00 last night. She is so congested, it's so sad to hear her try to breath and be so stopped up. I am not sure at what age babies learn to breath through their mouths, but I don't think it's happened for her yet, so it's still really scary when she get's so congested. Her cold just got really bad last night. It has been under control with a little Tylenol Cold at night, but yesturday the cold prevailed and I think a doctors visit is inevitable. I hate taking her to the doctor. Mostly because as a first time mom it's hard to know when it's bad enough to see the doctor and I'm always afraid he's thinking "you really could have taken care of this at home." But then I tell myself, you can never be too careful with an infant...and then I feel better! And I really love our doctor and he's really wonderful and when I call to see if he thinks it is something we need to come in for, he's always like, "yah, I'd like to see her."

So anyway. I have a hard time going back to sleep once I am awake. It will take me till around 5am to be tired enough to go BACK to sleep. It's annoying. Fortunately Jordan does sleep through the night for the most part. The last 3 nights she has slept from 10pm until 7am. This is golden! The only reason she was up now is because she is sick and because her medicine made her go to sleep earlier last night.

So I started Weight Watchers. So Far I've done ok. It's only been 3 days, but I feel like I can really do this. I feel really good about it.

Alright, I suppose I will go for now.

1 comment:

JoAnna said...

I know how you feel... but twice now I have waited too long to take Keylor when I thought she just had a cold... and was scolded. Her lungs were severely affected both times. You would think I would have learned the first time!! I think I have learned my lesson now. They can think I'm a crazy mom, but I'm taking them in! ;)